Since we are friends, I have to share this totally addictive and delicious brownie chocolate chip cookie recipe. It is so easy and ahh-mazing that we've made three batches this week. I'm pretty sure you'll thank me for this cookie recipe.
I may have a slight problem right now.
I don't know if I should tell you about it or not, but since we are friends, I'm going to. Just don't hate me when you get completely addicted to these delicious cookies and are making them three times in a week and then a double batch on the weekends. (I'm just saying, it COULD happen...not that I have experience with this..)
While spending my nightly down time on Pinterest, I came across these brownie cookies by Create-with-Diane. We are huge brownie fans and so I added them to my Cookie Pinterest board and thought "I may try these someday. They look good."
Well, we were really bored last week and decide to actually try a new cookie recipe. (Am I the only one that doesn't try new dessert recipes because they are loving all the old favorites in the family recipe book?)
So we made the brownie cookies. They were DELICIOUS!
But as we were eating them, we thought...wouldn't more chocolate chips taste better? What if we added a little bit of this and that to make the cookie more like a cake like brownie?
And so we did.
Now let me tell you....we have a problem.
I could just sit and eat the batter to these cookies and be completely content with life. But the cookies are AHH-MAZING. I even love them a little bit more the next day when they have a chance to get a little harder. Mini Me loves them when they are fresh so we have a fight to see who can eat them all first.
So if you are feeling adventurous and want to add a new family cookie recipe to your family recipe book, feel free to try these brownie cookies.
Just don't hate me if you decide you have to make these for every special occasion around the house---like your son took out the trash, your daughter did her homework, your spouse said "I love you", or you survived another day.
Brownie Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe:
- 3 cups milk chocolate chips (separated into 2 cups and 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- Preheat over to 325 degrees F.
- In a small microwave proof bowl, melt 2 cups chocolate chips on 50 percent power for 1 minute. Stir chocolate and repeat until chocolate chips are completely melted.
- Add brown sugar and eggs to a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add melted chocolate chips to sugar and egg mixture.
- In same bowl as chocolate, melt the butter for 1 minute.
- Add melted butter to mixture and continue to mix.
- Slowly add baking powder, vanilla extract, and flour to mix. Combine well.
- Add remaining chocolate chips and mix.
- Scoop batter by tablespoons onto a baking sheet (or use this cookie scoop, it's my favorite)
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Enjoy warm or let cool--either way is super delicious!
Print out the recipe here:
I hope you enjoy these as much as I do! After all, sharing crazy addictions is what good friends do, right?