Teach your family how Service can change the world through little acts with this Family Home Evening lesson based on the Come Follow Me Doctrince and Covenants 3-5.
I know this lesson is much needed in our home and in the homes across the country. We need to remember to serve others and bring a little bit of Christlike love back into the world.
Whether it's big acts of service by helping at the local food bank, or tiny acts like opening a door for someone, each act will bring a little bit of Christ into our lives and those that we touch.
(taken from The Incredible Influence of You by David Dickson)
- Whole milk
- Liquid dish soap in small cup
- Cotton swabs
- Food coloring in various colors
- Round plate or pie tin with recessed edges
- smile at someone
- open the door
- compliment someone on their hair, clothes....
- include those who aren't being included
- make a new friend
- do your chores without having to be asked
- don't fight with your sibling
"If we serve with a willing heart because we love people and love to help them, the Lord will make us happy. I think that is the secret to happiness...the attitude which we have in the service which we render." (Antoine R Ivins)
|Photo by Aldo Rebechi|
Song Lyrics by Kenneth Cope